Contact us     Français

Welcome      International Organizing Committee      Media      Contact us
Gain exposure for your organization / Exhibit space is available

Customs and Immigration

Travelers entering Canada are required to have a valid passport and/or travel document with exception to U.S. citizens traveling by land or sea (including ferries) who may present a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license as proof of identity, along with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate or naturalization certificate.

Visa Applications

  • Visitors from some countries will need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). Click here for a list of countries requiring this visa.
  • The time required to process applications varies per region; click here for expected delays and plan your Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) application accordingly.
  • To find out how to apply for a TRV, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website. All applicants must satisfy CIC that they are genuine visitors and that they will be participating in the event or meeting.

Letter of Invitation

  • A visa letter of invitation can be provided for registered attendees who have paid in full.
  • To request a letter of invitation, please contact the Arctic Change 2008 organizers at .
  • Note that we can only issue an Invitation letter which covers the duration of the conference plus the Saturdays and Sundays immediately before and after the conference.

© Copyright ArcticNet. All rights reserved.